||[Jul. 22nd, 2002|02:52 pm]
The Question Club
I have turtles. Turtles can carry salmonella in their feces, and so you have to wash your hands VERY thoroughly after you touch anything that the turtle has touched or the turtle itself.
I handle them so much, my hands are starting to get dry and raw from the constant soap and water. I bought some of that hand sanitizer, the stuff you don't need water for. You just put it on and wait until it dries, and it claims it "kills 99.9% of common germs that cause illness".
My question is, do you think it would be effective in killing the salmonella bacteria?