Undecided (azeira) wrote in thequestionclub,

not a palindrome, or a palingram, or a semordnilap, or an anagram, but a...

Is there a name for a sentence or phrase whose words, when placed in reverse order, form a different sentence or phrase that also makes sense? Akin to a semordnilap, but with whole words rather than letters. Like:

"Father Charles goes down and ends battle" <=> "Battle ends and down goes Charles' father"

"Jimmy loves Mom" <=> "Mom loves Jimmy"

Also, would anyone happen to know any more examples?
  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment