2) If you have a SO, how do you decide which family's holiday events to attend (assuming it's not possible to go to both)?
3) What ethnicities have people attributed to you based on your name or appearance? What is yours really?
4) Do people ever ask you where you're from "originally"? How do you feel about that?
1) Front. I didn't realize until today that some people consider this unsafe.
2) Our families don't celebrate the same holidays, so it's never been a problem.
3) Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Singaporean, Malaysian, Coast Salish, Mexican, Spanish (!), etc. Really I'm half Japanese, half Jewish.
4) Lots. I try to be nice because they don't mean anything by it, but sometimes I get belligerent, all "I'm from Alberta."