At the moment I only have a few ideas and am stuck for more. Year 8 are writing a gothic story so I'm looking for some 'spooky' music for them. Year 9 on the other hand are writing first-person narratives of World War One so I want something sad, serious and preferably war-related for them. I'd like all the songs to be intstrumental or with minimal vocals.
Here's what I've got so far:
* Grieg - In The Hall of the Mountain King (from Peer Gynt)
* Mussorgsky - Night on Bare Mountain
* Prokofiev - Montagues and Capulets (from Romeo and Juliet)
World War One
* Barber - Adagio For Strings
* Nine Inch Nails - A Warm Place
* Possibly some DJ Shadow (Stem/Midnight in a Perfect World?)
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.