1. Do you have a fire escape plan? Does it include 2-3 ways out of the house? If you have children, have you practiced them? How often do you practice?
2. If you have a 2 story dwelling, do you own a fire escape ladder that hangs over and out a 2nd story window?
3. Do you have working smoke detectors in every room of your dwelling? Do you have a carbon monoxide detector?
4. Do you own a fire extinguisher?
5. Do your kids know to stop, drop, cover, and roll if their clothes catch fire?
6. Did you attend any kind of fire station open house?
7. Have you ever had a house fire?
8. Are any of your friends fire fighters? What about family? If so, thank them for their service.
That is all. Be safe.