What time would you start considering it TOO LATE for the following? What would be TOO EARLY?
Assume none are actual emergencies...
1. Close friend or relative drops by unannounced (not necessarily expecting to come in) to chat with you about an issue of some concern, or ask a favor. What if its about getting back money you owe them?
2. Same as above, except its an acquaintance from the neighborhood, or a total stranger.
3. Friend or family member, calling you to chat to make a small request.
4. Acquaintance or stranger, calling you about a particular issue (including 'soft/not cold call' telemarketers and such)
5. You call a friend or acquaintance and leave a message/text for them to call you back, which they are now trying to do.