1. Put small skillet on stove, turn stove burner to 6 or 7.
2. Put a 1/2" slice of REAL butter (from a stick of butter) in the pan.
3. Cut some EXTRA SHARP cheddar cheese in slices from the end of the cheeseblock. They are long slices, it takes about 3 or 4 of them to cover the bread.
4. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt in the melting butter.
5. Place slice of bread in the pan, and move it around to soak the butter/seasoning.
6. Arrange the cheese slices as neatly as possible to cover the most of the upward facing bread surface.
7. Place other slice of bread on top, line it up with everything else obsessively.
8. Rub the bread around in the pan until it's nice and buttery and toasted.
9. Add another slice of butter to the pan.
10. Quickly use a spatula to turn the sandwich over and get the other side buttered, seasoned, and toasted.
11. Place sandwich on a paper towel to cool briefly, cut in half, and enjoy.