1. I have a horrific drive getting there now. It was already 25 minutes to their home every day but now I am driving anywhere from 40-45 minutes in terrible Houston traffic to get to the medical center.
2. The gas is seriously cramping my style. I get paid 10 bucks an hour, it isn't like I have boatloads of cash flowing in.
3. The parking costs 12 dollars every day.
4. Because he's in crisis mode, he needs constant attention. By the time I leave each night, which is never made clear, I am exhausted. I have 45 minutes to drive home and I keep falling asleep at the wheel.
5. I'm moving next week, which was discussed prior to him nosediving, but a final date was never decided. I think it is expected of me to help throughout his entire hospital stay but, really, I need to leave by next week. I gave them the 19th as my "stretching it" date, said I'd like to be done by the 12th, but could feasibly stay until the 15th. I won't have somewhere to live if I do not make it before September 1st, and I need to go to my college and finish my course selection. I have 2,500 miles to drive to even get there. This job cannot fuck me out of my education, essentially.
6. I really think I'm being asked to go WAY above and beyond what I was hired for.
So, short of saying "I can't do this anymore" without proper notice, what do I do?