||[Nov. 7th, 2012|06:31 pm]
TQC, would you apply to this internship?|
- It's relevant to what I want to do in the future; with an organization I admire, focusing on social justice issues I'm interested in. I've visited the organization before, and I think they are amazing! The woman who would be my boss seems very cool.
- There's a small stipend
- The hours and time frame are very reasonable, and I would be able to keep my on-campus job at my same hours.
- It's through a special university program. I completed a summer internship through a different university program, and I've found that a lot of the extra school add-ons can be time-consuming (in addition to class, work and interning) and annoying (extra internship training that has nothing to do with the internship, mandatory workshops, networking events, and "career counseling" -- none of which are actually helpful). This program would have many of the same features.
- Lengthy interview process with both the school and the organization, more hurdles to jump.
- The stipend is very small, and there wouldn't be much left after transportation costs.